Skip to main content

Puppy Love - Showing off my Snarlfangs

Hi everyone,


Just a super quick update to show you pics of my Rippa's Snarlfangs. Yes, I know I've been down on them due to their questionable morality and generally reckless conduct; but I'm sure we'd all agree we know people like that, and they're often fun to be around.

I really enjoyed painting these guys. I started with a light undercoat of Army Builder Skeleton Bone, light enough to let bits of the grey plastic show through on the wolves' coats, which provided a lovely amount of contrast. Apart from the leather bits, and faces I basically didn't touch the wolves again - just an extreme white coat up top, and a Seraphim Sepia wash on their footsies.

Other than that, most of the colours are fairly basic. I'm a big fan of the self-highlighting properties of Doombull Brown. It's basically like a Contrast paint if you put it over a light undercoat.

The metals were a base of Doombull, followed by Balthasar Gold, a wash of old Ogryn Flesh, and an extreme highlight of Runefang.

One area that I've always struggled with is basing. I'm not quite sure why, but I can almost never motivate myself to do anything more than the minimum necessary. With these guys, I figured I needed to go a little bit further, as the bases are quite detailed Fortunately I found this tutorial
http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/blog/painting-rocks-step-by-step/?fbclid=IwAR0ksieGQsx2AP0dVl0qAOWnGkz2JiywGNyuv7B3dQof03nl7vhqONIZMsc which turned out to be really easy to follow, and I think the results speak for themselves:

The results speak for themselves, and they say "Snakes don't move like that"


The gang romping through the Forsaken Lands (aka Animus Forge)

Stabbit showing his rodeo skills. Ride 'em Wolfboy!

Struggled with the lighting on this one.... I blame Dibbz


Rippa showing off his Shield and pizza-sized spidey-friend!

Mean-Eye sporting a sharp new haircut! I cut the plumage off both he and Stabbit. No one can be more coiffed than the Boss!

Anyway, I hope you like them. Now they're dressed up, I'm going to take them to a tournament this weekend.  It's a bit different. Hosted by Warhammer Bendigo, the tournament will only allow cards that have Faction Symbols or come from the Core boxes. That might sound a little weird, or even not fun, but it's designed to be as accessible as possible for new players. I'm going to sleeve up a couple of extra decks, just in case anyone wants to play but doesn't have any Underworlds Stuff yet.

I'll let you know how I get on.

As ever, feel free to drop me a line on Facebook or below.

CheersRowan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why you Should Play Zarbag's Gitz, and Why you Shouldn't

Zarbag's Gitz are a unique warband in Warhammer Underworlds. With a wizard, a net wielding cheerleader and a fighter who almost defies description, they have a playstyle all of their own. But it can be something of an acquired taste. Should you throw down for the Gitz? Positioning and Passivity The Gitz are one of the best warbands in terms of being able to score glory without rolling dice. Their high model count, Scurry-based shenanigans, and in faction push cards, make them ideally suited to playing the objective token game. Further, their low wound count means there’s little in the way of incentive to bring fighting upgrades, leaving plenty of room to invest glory boosting ones such as Hero’s Mantle , A Destiny to Meet , Slumbering (and other) Keys , and Katophrane Tomes . All this combined with some recently released objectives ( Calculated Risk, Warning Shot, Shortcut ) which can be easily and immediately scored, mean that few warbands have as reliable a Glory Engine as t

Team Effort – Why the next changes to the tournament rules need to go far beyond cards and boards

Hi everyone! I’ve been spending so many activations passing lately, I’m pretty sure I could score Is It Asleep?! But I’m here, and I’m alive, which, in these uncertain times nothing to take for granted.   Apologies for not writing in so long, I’ve been working from home, and for some reason that’s completely sapped my energy to write.   I think missing out to an hour of podcasts to and from work might have contributed to it, as has the distinct lack of content being released, but primarily I think it’s really hard to get opinionated about plastic toys when the world appears to be dissolving around us. Nevertheless, I’m here and I’m writing now, it’s not about the latest FAR list though. I’ll hopefully going to get that later this week. Today I’m going to talk about something I feel is much more important. The tournament rules. We've seen a bit of this lately... It’s mostly physical With most of the world in one form of lockdown or another, it’s been curious to see the

Introducing Dice Positivity: Why Punishing Dice is Hurting Your Game

Introducing Dice Positivity: Why Punishing Dice is Hurting Your Game Grymwatch Dice...  They're so pretty Dice are complicated little creatures. They have many sides to them* *Six, in fact. Sometimes more. Owning dice is a pleasure. We love dice.  They allow us to play Underworlds, they enrich our lives, and in some cases, the enrich lives of our children or loved ones. We love their crazy antics, the way that they eagerly roll crits when a single support would do.  But owning and rolling dice is also a big responsibility. Dice can sometimes do the wrong thing, and sometimes their behaviour will be very disappointing. It can be hurtful when the behaviour of our dice isn’t nearly as good as that of our opponent, whose defence dice obediently show up crits on demand, and the only time they roll dodges for Shield warbands is when they’ve played Rebound, while your dice are busy getting cocked or falling off the table. In those times, it can be tempting to pu